Friday, March 26, 2010

Punctuality


First Blog entree: Friday-March 26, 2010

...Waiting on the front stoop of my new Milwaukee apartment, I can see Mario pulling up into the drive way. He doesn't realize that I am standing there as I have been patiently been waiting for him for the past 30 minutes. Mario the youngest of the Garcia Brothers at the ripe age of 22. A young talented kid, a kinda of kid that has been groomed by the talents of his older siblings, but creative and independent enough to launch his own artistic endeavor expression. It is now 8:45 am, we are heading to the Studio. We have been designated to be the early birds and prep the premises for the arrival of Manuel (Scribe), Lalo (El Chivo) and Javier( DJ Pay back). On our car ride to the studio, Mario decides he needs a large ass coffee from McDonald's, I silently couldn't agree more as Mario is struggling a bit on being punctual thus far. After ordering our coffee we proceed forward to the first drive- thru window, where we see the same go- happy drive-thru girl as she busts out her cool aid smile staring down Mario. A few days ago, she offered us a free apple pie and today she asked us if we would like to try some free samples? Sense when does Mcd;'s offer free samples, I am thinking? Unknown to the very generous drive- thru attendant, I was once a swing manger for the franchise giant back in the day. I think her version of "free samples" was... "I am going to hook your asses up". At least this is what my "free samples" meant when I too worked for the golden arches back in the day. It is funny what flash backs come into mind, from a simple conversation with the right people at the right moment in time. I am sure we all experience this from time to time. Shortly after receiving "our Free samples" courtesy of Mcd's of-course and throwing in this plug for them, Mario busted out into a hypothetical situation about "2012". "The end of the world..." So being that I am spiritually connected to the imaginational notion, I was lured into the "what if" conversation. All I can say is that, the youth certainly have a video game perspective...I realized that my goal with this newly established production company is, punctuality. I, being from the Old school, my alarm is set to go off at 6:30 every morning. I was ready to jet out the door by 7:30 this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment