Thursday, April 1, 2010

Building Noah's Green Room Arc



...For the last 6 hours I have been prepping the Drill, switching drill bids on and off after every task. One of our extra drill batteries was dead and we were confined to use the last and only drill available to bust out the build-out of the green room. Jr, Manuel's older brother has been assigned to assist me, he is very proud of his construction background as he continually directs me on how to remove the drill bids off as he hands it down to me from above the ladder. I think to myself, has he not realize that I have been changing these bids successfully for the last 6 hours?? It is funny, because before starting this construction, I bragged about my own construction background. After converting garages into apartments back in Florida, I think that I qualify "to super" this operation? Aside of supervising this gig, we ended the day and finished the rough forming (fastening the 2' x 4' onto the wall surfaces to form the skeleton and structure). Tomorrow we will be ready to start cutting up the sheet rock and framing it in. Thank god, I am now charging both batteries,I don't think I could take another day of "in-structural drill bid replacement class". Don't get me wrong Jr. is a cool cat and very talented, we our shit done today. Hi fives were flying all over the place in-between the drill bids...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment